This page serves as a resource for the 2019 General Election of the University of Regina Students’ Union (URSU). This page includes most of the information you need to run or vote in an election. If you have any questions or experience difficulties voting please contact the Chief Returning Officer by emailing email@example.com.
The purpose of this election is to fill all representative positions of the University of Regina Students’ Union Executive Committee and Board of Directors, as well as, Senate, University Council, and Executive of Council.
Vice President Operations and Finance
Vice President Student Affairs
Vice President External Affairs
Faculty of Arts
Faculty of Business Administration
Faculty of Education
Faculty of Engineering
Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research
Faculty of Kinesiology and Health Studies
Faculty of Media, Art, and Performance
Faculty of Nursing
Faculty of Science
Faculty of Social Work
First Nations University of Canada
Equity and Campaigns
Part Time Students
Students with Disabilities
Six positions available
Arts – 8 seats available
Business – 9 seats available
Education – 8 seats available
Engineering – 6 seats available
Fine Arts – 2 seats available
Kinesiology – 3 seats available
Nursing – 4 seats available
Science – 5 seats available
Social Work – 5 seats available
Continuing Education – 1 seat available
Graduate – 9 seats available
EXECUTIVE OF COUNCIL
One position available per faculty.
This is the tentative schedule of events and deadlines for the 2019 URSU General Election. Please note:
- The All Candidates’ URSU Q&A and the All Candidates’ Meeting are for those who are nominated and become candidates.
- The All Candidates’ Forum is for all candidates and for any student who wishes to ask a candidate a question or hear a candidate’s platform.
Notice of Election February 4
Election Period February 11 – March 19
Nomination Period February 11 – 27
Nomination Package Due: February 27 @ 4:00 pm
(Drop off at: URSU Members Services Desk, Riddell Centre Room 221
3737 Wascana Parkway, Regina, SK Attn: Chief Returning Officer)
Candidate Profiles Due: February 27 @ 4:00 pm
Candidate’s Q & A with URSU Exec and Staff DROP IN AT WILL at URSU OFFICES
All Candidates Meeting with CRO February 28 @ 5:00 pm, URSU Boardroom
Candidate Photo Shoot February 28, URSU Boardroom After All Candidates’ Meeting
Campaign Period Begins: March 4 @ 12:00 am Ends: March 17 @ 11:59 pm
Guidelines & Policies
- Executive Committee
- Board of Directors
Students will only be able to vote for positions in the constituencies that apply to them. All students will still have the chance to vote for executive positions, and a few other general positions. For example:
- If you are a Fine Arts student, vote for the Fine Arts Director
- If you are a Campion student in the Faculty of Arts, vote for the Campion Director AND the Arts Director.
- If you are a Graduate student through Campion College in the Faculty of Arts, vote for the Grad Director, Campion Director, AND Faculty of Arts Director.
The questions on the ballot will say who is eligible to vote for the question. If you vote for a candidate in a constituency that you DO NOT belong to, your vote for this position will be removed from the final count. Only your votes for constituencies that you DO belong to will still remain valid.
Students vote through UR Self-Service.
- Login using your Student ID # and PIN.
- Under the Student Services headline, there will be a link to the ballot.
- Fill in ALL the answers to the Ballot questions (that you are eligible for).
- Click “Survey Complete” to submit your ballot.