The following is the URSU Strategic Plan for 2023-24 and was presented by Tejas Patel, President by the URSU Board of Directors.
URSU aspires to be your collaborative partner in a holistic student life.
We were created by students for students. We provide students high quality supports, services, opportunities, and advocacy, to ensure that all students have a fun, safe and healthy University experience.
University of Regina Students’ Union Strategic Plan 2023-24
The University of Regina Students’ Union (URSU) is committed to enhancing the overall university experience for its students. As we move forward into the academic year 2023-24, we recognize the importance of aligning our strategic plan with the URSU Vision and Mission Statement. This plan aims to prioritize five key areas that are central to our mission and vision, allowing us to foster a stronger, more inclusive, and supportive community for all students at the University of Regina.
In line with our Vision and Mission Statement, URSU will strive to promote a culture of discovery among students. We aim to provide enhanced opportunities for academic and personal growth through various initiatives such as:
- Expanding academic resources and support services to empower students to achieve their educational goals.
- Organizing career fairs, workshops, and networking events to facilitate students’ professional development and career exploration.
- Creating platforms for students to showcase their research, creative projects, and innovative ideas.
2. Truth and Reconciliation:
URSU recognizes the importance of Truth and Reconciliation in the process of healing and building stronger relationships with Indigenous communities. We are committed to creating an inclusive campus environment that respects Indigenous cultures and histories. Our initiatives include:
- Collaborating with Indigenous communities and organizations to enhance Indigenous representation and engagement within URSU and the university.
- Supporting Indigenous students by providing culturally relevant services, events, and programming.
- Implementing educational campaigns and events to raise awareness about Indigenous issues and foster a better understanding of Truth and Reconciliation among the student body.
3. Impact and Identity:
URSU aims to help students develop a strong sense of identity and make a positive impact on campus and beyond. Our strategic initiatives include:
- Encouraging student leadership and involvement in various clubs, societies, and initiatives that align with their interests and passions.
- Establishing a mentoring program that connects experienced students with newcomers, fostering a sense of community and support.
- Celebrating the diverse identities and cultures represented within our student body through events and initiatives that promote inclusivity and belonging.
4. Well-being and Belonging:
URSU recognizes the importance of student well-being and the need for fostering a sense of belonging on campus. Our initiatives will focus on:
- Enhancing mental health and wellness services and resources accessible to all students.
- Organizing events and programs that promote physical health, stress reduction, and work-life balance.
- Creating a more accessible and welcoming campus for students with disabilities, addressing their unique needs and challenges.
5. Community Engagement and Advocacy:
In line with URSU’s Vision and Mission Statement, we recognize the significance of active community engagement and advocacy efforts. Our initiatives will focus on:
- Strengthening partnerships and collaboration with local organizations and businesses to create meaningful opportunities and resources for students.
- Advocating for student rights and interests on campus and at the provincial level, ensuring that student voices are heard in decision-making processes.
- Engaging in social and political issues that directly impact students, and promoting a culture of civic responsibility and awareness.
- Encouraging students to participate in community service and volunteering, fostering a sense of social responsibility and giving back to society.
Through community engagement and advocacy, URSU aims to empower students to be active and informed citizens, creating a positive impact not only within the university but also in the broader community. By prioritizing this aspect in our strategic plan, we seek to strengthen the student body’s collective voice and make a meaningful difference in the lives of our members and the society we serve.
The University of Regina Students’ Union’s Strategic Plan for 2023-24 aligns with our Vision and Mission Statement and emphasizes the importance of discovery, truth and reconciliation, impact and identity, well-being and belonging, board oversight, community Engagement and Advocacy. Through these strategic initiatives, we aim to create a vibrant, inclusive, and supportive community that enriches the university experience for all students at the University of Regina.
Presented by Tejas Patel.
Approved by Board of Directors.