This page serves as a resource for the URSU Fall 2017 By-Elections. This page includes most of the information you need to run or vote in this election. If you have any questions or experience difficulties voting please contact the Chief Returning Officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below are the results for the URSU 2017 Fall By-Elections, click on their name or picture to view their profiles. Thank you to everyone who ran and thank you to all who voted! These results will become official once they have been ratified at the next URSU Board of Directors.
Dakota Kaufman ELECTED
Stephen Le Nouail ELECTED
Director for Students with Disabilities:
Jashneet Kaur ELECTED
Logan Anaka (Science) ELECTED
This is the tentative schedule of events and deadlines for the Fall 2017 URSU By-Election. Please note:
- The Election Info Session is for those interested in being a candidate.
- The All Candidates’ URSU Q&A and the All Candidates’ Meeting are for those who are nominated and become candidates.
- The All Candidates’ Forum is for all candidates and for any student who wishes to ask a candidate a question or hear a candidate’s platform.
|Nomination Period||Monday, October 2nd at 8:30 a.m.||Monday, October 9th at 4:30 p.m.|
|All Candidates’ URSU Q&A||Tuesday, October 10th at 12 p.m.||Tuesday, October 10th at 4 p.m.|
|All Candidates’ Meeting||Tuesday, October 10th at 5 p.m.||Tuesday, October 10th at 7 p.m.|
|Campaign Period||Tuesday, October 10th at 12 a.m.||Sunday, October 15th at 11:59 p.m.|
|Candidate Profile Deadline||Tuesday, October 10th at 4:30 p.m.||Tuesday, October 10th at 4:30 p.m.|
|All Candidates’ Forum||Thursday, October 12th at 3 p.m.||Thursday, October 12th at 6 p.m.|
|Voting Period||Monday, October 16th at 12 a.m.||Tuesday, October 17th at 11:59 p.m.|
|Voting Results Announced||Wednesday, October 18th at 12:00 p.m.||Wednesday, October 18th at 12:30 p.m.|
Guidelines & Policies
- Executive Committee
- Board of Directors
Students will only be able to vote for positions in the constituencies that apply to them. All students will still have the chance to vote for executive positions, and a few other general positions. For example:
- If you are a Fine Arts student, vote for the Fine Arts Director
- If you are a Campion student in the Faculty of Arts, vote for the Campion Director AND the Arts Director.
- If you are a Graduate student through Campion College in the Faculty of Arts, vote for the Grad Director, Campion Director, AND Faculty of Arts Director.
The questions on the ballot will say who is eligible to vote for the question. If you vote for a candidate in a constituency that you DO NOT belong to, your vote for this position will be removed from the final count. Only your votes for constituencies that you DO belong to will still remain valid.
Students vote through UR Self-Service.
- Login using your Student ID # and PIN.
- Under the Student Services headline, there will be a link to the ballot titled: “URSU Election Fall 2017”
- Fill in ALL the answers to the Ballot questions (that you are eligible for).
- Click “Survey Complete” to submit your ballot.