The following is the URSU Strategic Framework for 2017/18 to 2019/20 and was passed July 24, 2017 by the URSU Board of Directors.
URSU aspires to be your collaborative partner in a holistic student life.
We were created by students for students. We provide students high quality supports, services, opportunities, and advocacy, to ensure that all students have a fun, safe and healthy University experience.
Our Values… which guide all our actions and decisions
● Student Engagement - Incorporating the students’ perspective in everything we do to guide the provision of accessible, beneficial services.
● Responsive – Proactively addressing the unique, diverse and changing needs of the students in the services and advocacy we provide.
● Constant Improvement - Our passion and commitment to constantly improve the services we offer and to develop best practices as learn from our past experiences and prepare for future challenges.
● Stewardship – Responsible, transparent, and honest management of the resources and people entrusted to us.
Our Areas of Focus
1. Enhanced University Experience – When students graduate from the University of Regina they were able to access services and supports in time of need and engaged in a social environment that created lifelong memories.
2. Continued Business Growth and Improvement - URSU demonstrates healthy accountable fiscal management with a steady increase of revenue to reinvest into student services.
3. Proactive Social Responsibility – The capacity of URSU is founded upon an educated membership, strong policies and processes, clear roles, a healthy work environment and strong leadership.
4. Expanded and Improved Service Offerings - URSU service offerings are continually refined to ensure that the ever evolving needs of students are supported by the best support services available to students.
5. Elevated Student Engagement - URSU’s ongoing development is a direct result of it’s two-way relationship with students.