The University of Regina Students’ Union (URSU) is currently holding its 2018 Fall By-Elections and voting takes October 17th and 18th. This is your chance as a University of Regina student, and a URSU member, to have your say in who represents you as President of your Students’ Union. You will also be able to vote for those running for spots on the URSU Board of Directors, Senate, and University Council.
A Students’ Union is a democracy and we want all of our members to give their input. This way we can continue to improve upon our mission to provide students high quality supports, services, opportunities, and advocacy, to ensure that all students have a fun, safe and healthy University experience. Voting only takes a few minutes and can be done online through UR Self-Service.
Students will only be able to vote for positions in the constituencies that apply to them. All students will still have the chance to vote for the President position. For example:
- If you are a student at the First Nations University of Canada you can vote for the First Nations University of Canada Students’ Director.
- If you are a Campion student in the Faculty of Arts, you can vote for the Campion Director AND the Arts Director.
- If you are a Graduate student through Campion College in the Faculty of Arts, you can vote for the Grad Director, Campion Director, AND Faculty of Arts Director.
The questions on the ballot will say who is eligible to vote for the question. If you vote for a candidate in a constituency that you DO NOT belong to, your vote for this position will be removed from the final count. Only your votes for constituencies that you DO belong to will still remain valid.
What you need to do to vote:
- Login using your Student ID # and PIN.
- Under the Student Services headline, click on the link to the ballot titled: “URSU By-Elections Fall 2018”
- Fill in ALL the answers to the Ballot questions (that you are eligible for).
- Click “Survey Complete” to submit your ballot.