The University of Regina Students’ Union (URSU) requires that elections are held regularly (in the form of a General and By-Elections) to maintain a complete board of student representatives. URSU may also call for a referendum to have students vote on structural changes to student-supported levees.
If you have any questions or experience difficulties voting please contact the Chief Returning Officer by emailing email@example.com.
The purpose of this election is to fill all representative positions of the University of Regina Students’ Union Executive Committee and Board of Directors, as well as, Senate, University Council, and Executive of Council.
Faculty of Arts
Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research
Faculty of Media, Art, and Performance
Faculty of Nursing
Faculty of Science
Faculty of Social Work
First Nations’ University of Canada
Part Time Students
One position available
Arts – 5 seats available
Business – 6 seats available
Education – 6 seats available
Media, Art, and Performance – 3 seats available
Kinesiology – 5 seats available
Nursing – 7 seats available
Science – 7 seats available
Social Work – 6 seats available
Graduate – 9 seats available
EXECUTIVE OF COUNCIL
Arts – 1 seat available
Business – 2 seats available
Education – 1 seat available
Media, Art, and Performance – 1 seat available
Kinesiology – 1 seat available
Nursing – 1 seat available
Science – 1 seat available
Social Work – 1 seat available
Graduate – 1 seats available
This is the tentative schedule of events and deadlines for the 2018 URSU By-Elections. Please note:
- The All Candidates’ URSU Q&A and the All Candidates’ Meeting are for those who are nominated and become candidates.
- The All Candidates’ Forum is for all candidates and for any student who wishes to ask a candidate a question or hear a candidate’s platform.
|Nomination Period||Monday, October 1st at 9:00 a.m.||Friday, October 5th at 4 p.m.|
|All Candidates’ URSU Q&A in URSU Boardroom (RC221)||DROP IN AT WILL at URSU OFFICES||DROP IN AT WILL at URSU OFFICES|
|All Candidates’ Meeting in URSU Boardroom (RC221)||October 5th @ 5:00 pm
RC Multi-Purpose Room
|Campaign Period||Tuesday, October 9th at 12 a.m.||Tuesday, October 16th at 11:59 p.m.|
|Candidate Profile Deadline||Friday, October 5th at 4 p.m.|
|All Candidates’ Forum in Multi Purpose Room (RC128)||Wednesday, October 10th at 4 p.m.||Wednesday, October 10th at 6 p.m.|
|Voting Period||Wednesday, October 17th at 12 a.m.||Thursday, October 18th at 11:59 p.m.|
|Voting Results Announced||Friday, October 19th at 1:00 p.m.|
- Executive Committee
- Board of Directors
Students will only be able to vote for positions in the constituencies that apply to them. All students will still have the chance to vote for executive positions, and a few other general positions. For example:
- If you are a Fine Arts student, vote for the Fine Arts Director
- If you are a Campion student in the Faculty of Arts, vote for the Campion Director AND the Arts Director.
- If you are a Graduate student through Campion College in the Faculty of Arts, vote for the Grad Director, Campion Director, AND Faculty of Arts Director.
The questions on the ballot will say who is eligible to vote for the question. If you vote for a candidate in a constituency that you DO NOT belong to, your vote for this position will be removed from the final count. Only your votes for constituencies that you DO belong to will still remain valid.
Students vote through UR Self-Service.
- Login using your Student ID # and PIN.
- Under the Student Services headline, there will be a link to the ballot titled: “URSU Election Winter 2018”
- Fill in ALL the answers to the Ballot questions (that you are eligible for).
- Click “Survey Complete” to submit your ballot.