*PLEASE NOTE: THE OPT-OUT PERIOD FOR WINTER 2017 HAS CLOSED*
Who can opt-out?
The following students are eligible to opt-out of the U-Pass upon submission of the appropriate proof:
- Those within Regina’s designated opt-out zone
- Those who live outside of Regina city limits
- Those on an exchange program
- Those with a medical disability
- University Staff
Before requesting an opt-out, please check your URegina account to see if you have been charged for the U-Pass. If you have not been charged, you should not have to request an opt-out.
Where to Opt-out
To opt out, you have three options:
- Submit the electronic opt-out request form from January 3rd to February 1st.
- Visit the multipurpose room in the Riddell Center (RC128) from January 3rd until January 13th.
- Visit the URSU Member Services Desk (RC 221) from January 14th to February 1st.
The last day to submit an opt-out request is February 1st, 2017 at midnight. You will receive email confirmation when your opt-out request has been received. Then URSU will process electronic opt-out requests as quickly as possible and will notify you via email if you have qualified for an opt-out or not. Once you have successfully opted-out, URSU will notify Financial Services that your U-Pass fee should be refunded. If you believe you have submitted an opt-out request but have not received confirmation of the request, or have not received an answer on whether it was approved or rejected, and if it is after February 1st, please contact URSU. URSU will not be held responsible for failure to submit an opt-out request due to a technical issue with the electronic opt-out request.
Please note that you must opt out every semester. You cannot request a permanent opt out at this time.
Winter 2017 Multipurpose Room Hours
- Tuesday, Jan. 3rd - 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 4th - 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 5th - 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Friday, Jan. 6th - 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Monday, Jan. 9th to Friday, Jan. 13th - 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
If you live within Regina’s opt-out zone, you may opt-out if you provide the following proof on your opt-out form:
- Show 1 piece of mail (GST&PST, utilities bill, cell phone bill, credit card statement, bank statement, etc.) with your name on it from within the last 30 days. It cannot be personal mail (e.g. a letter sent to you by your Aunt). Your proof should show the date the mail was sent, your name, your address, and who it was sent by.
- Students living in residence may present their residence contract instead.
- URSU will not accept letters from landlords.
Addresses that fall within the opt-out zone
La Vendrye Way
If you live outside of Regina city limits, you may opt-out if you provide the following proof on your opt-out form:
- Less than 50 km from city limits – Show 1 piece of mail (GST&PST, utilities bill, cell phone bill, credit card statement, bank statement, etc.) with your name on it from within the last 30 days. It cannot be personal mail (e.g. a letter sent to you by your Aunt or your landlord). Your proof should show the date the mail was sent, your name, your address, and who it was sent by.
- More than 50 km from city limits – Show 2 pieces of mail (GST&PST, utilities bill, cell phone bill, credit card statement, bank statement, etc.) with your name on it from within the last 30 days. It cannot be personal mail (e.g. a letter sent to you by your Aunt or your landlord). Your proof should show the date the mail was sent, your name, your address, and who it was sent by.
Sample Locations within 50 km of Regina
Alta Vista, Avonhurst, Balgonie, Bechard, Belle Plaine, Bethune, Buena Vista, Coppersands, Craven, Davin, Disley, Drinkwater, Edenwold, Edgeley, Emerald Park, Estlin, Fairy Hill, Frankslake, Glenbrea, Grand Coulee, Gray, Kannata Valley, Kennell, Kronau, Lajord, Lumsden, Lumsden Beach, McLean, Milestone, Muscowpetung Reserve, Pasqua Reserve, Pelican Pointe, Pense, Piapot Reserve, Pilot Butte, Regina Beach, Riceton, Rouleau, Saskatchewan Beach, Sedley, Silton, Stony Beach, Sunset Cove, Tregarva, Vibank, White City, Wilcox, Zehner
You need to submit a copy of your proof of acceptance into an exchange program.
You need to upload your proof of disability, which should be something like a doctor's note or some other formal documentation.
Please visit the Multipurpose room from January 3rd to the 13th, or the URSU Front Desk from January 14th to February 1st, with a copy of your most recent paystub.
You must be employed in a regular administrative or teaching position, i.e. not a TA.