The University of Regina Students’ Union is pleased to offer you an exceptional space to hold your event on the University of Regina Campus. With a spacious room and a variety of amenities, this multifunctional space is suited to hold almost any event and can accommodate all of your needs.
The Multi Purpose Room
*Non-Profits and Student Groups may be eligible for discounted rates
Included in the regular rental fee is the set up and take down of tables and chairs in the room. You are allowed to decorate the venue on the day prior, given that it is during regular operating hours and the space is not in use. Clean-up is to be completed the night of the event, or can be negotiated at the time of booking depending on space availability.
Capacity and Square Footage
This versatile space is perfectly suited to hold anything from weddings, concerts, trade shows, conferences to comedy nights. With approximately 5000 square feet and a full stage set up, the room can accommodate many different seating arrangements. The room can also suit smaller events with a rolling wall that divides the room in two. The capacities of the space are as follows:
The Owl - Rental Fee: $650/day
The Owl accommodates up to 400 people for a dance, or up to 240 people for banquet seating. The Owl rental includes multiple microphones, a sound system, two projectors and screens, as well as 13 TVs surrounding the room, all controlled by a state of the art zone-based touchscreen system.
Food and Beverage Service
The Owl is able to provide catering for your next event. Our experienced and passionate staff have menus of options available, or you can make a special request that we'd love to try accommodate. The Owl is also experienced in providing alcoholic beverage service for your event along with servers and security staff.
We charge $19/hour per staff member for a minimum of three hours. It is up to the discretion of the Owl Managment what staffing is required for an event in order to maintain our standards of service.
Using an external caterer or bringing in your own alcohol may be permitted in some cases. Bringing in your own alcohol will require a Special Occasions Permit from the SLGA as well as the permission of Campus Security. Please contact us for more details.
- We require a minimum of a weeks notice for an event booking to ensure all security measures and permits are fulfilled.
- A deposit is required upon booking your event. The deposit is 20% of the total estimate or the full room booking fee, whichever is greater. The room is held once the deposit has been confirmed and the booking contract has been filled out.
- In the case of event cancellation, the deposit will be returned if notification is given thirty days prior to the event date.
- The renter must obtain a Special Occasions Permit and provide their own alcohol in the case that minors are to be in attendance. This permit will only be valid if minors are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Any groups providing their own alcohol must must hire the Owl staff to serve at the event.
- Attendance confirmation must be submitted and approved a minimum of five days before event.
- The Mutli Purpose Room is not equipped with lighting systems. You are welcome to bring in your own if needed. If you require larger sound equipment, you are welcome to bring in your own or inquire with management
- A final invoice will be generated the next business day after the event. Payment in full is required within 30 days of the date the invoice was generated on. Failure to pay within 30 days of the invoice date will result in a late fee. The final invoice amount will include any applicable fees.
- The client will be liable for any damage to the room or A/V equipment.
To begin your booking request, please fill out this quick form and our Events Manager will get back to you as soon as possible.