Along with being the representative voice of U of R Students, URSU also provides numerous services for free or on a cost recovery basis. To find out more you can click on them on the sidebar or read on.
Member Services Desk
- Bus Passes – URSU is the only official reseller of City of Regina Bus Passes. On any given month, hundreds of students come to our Member Services desk and purchase their bus passes in person.
- Studentcare.ca - Health, Dental, Travel Plan – URSU offers all of its members a health plan. By contacting the Member Services Desk students can get more assistance with claims and information about how to opt-out or in.
- Poster Boards – URSU is responsible for a number of poster boards around campus and is responsible for managing the content that is put on those boards. The staff at the Member Services desk approves all posters before they are posted.
- Computer Lab – URSU has approximately 25 computers available for student use in front of its’ offices.
- Printing Photocopying & Faxing – Students can come and get access to free or cheap faxes, photocopying and other services. Clubs get access to these services for free.
- Good Food Boxes – URSU’s Member Services desk is the only place on campus where students can get access to the discounted, high quality food that is found in the Good Food Box.
- Used Bookstore – Every year URSU hosts a used bookstore where books can be bought and consigned by its’ members at a fraction of the new price.
- Lockers - Students can get help with the lockers they rent through URSU online.
URSU’s Student advocate is a great resource for students facing all kinds of challenges. She is here to answer questions on Student Loan Appeals, EBF, and disciplinary procedures and she offers all the services of a Notary Public for free to all students. Currently this position is vacant, so not all services are available.
The Owl & the Multi Purpose room
The Owl is URSU’s campus bar. Everyday, the bar is open providing both great food at great prices to all members of the University Community, as well as providing great jobs for students on campus. The Owl also hosts a ton of different events and acts as a space for all students to come and study, relax or just have fun.
The Multi Purpose Room is exactly what you’d think – a multi-use venue with a maximum capacity of 300 for events of all kinds. Whether it’s a bake sale, a concert or a video-game tournament, this is space is exactly what students need.
Clubs and Societies can access both of these spaces to host their own events
While many of URSU’s Member Services Desk inquiries can be accessed online, the following services can only be accessed online. Check them out;
- Housing Registry – Students can post housing advertisements for other students to check out. Great so you don’t have to live with that creepy old guy.
- Job Listings – URSU posts all of its on campus job opportunities here. Virtually all of our positions are unionized and they are a great way to make some money between classes.