BELOW ARE YOUR CANDIDATES FOR THE 2018 URSU GENERAL ELECTIONS, CLICK ON THEIR NAME AND PICTURE TO READ THEIR PROFILES. VOTING TAKES PLACE MARCH 19th AND 20th, FOR MORE INFO EMAIL CRO@URSU.CA
Vice-President Student Affairs
Vice-President Operations and Finance
Vice-President External Affairs
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
LGBTQ Students’ Director
Faculty of Arts
Faculty of Business Administration
Faculty of Education
Faculty of Engineering
Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research
Faculty of Kinesiology and Health Studies
Faculty of Science
Part Time Students
Students’ with Disabilities
SENATE – Six positions available
James Colten Macdonald
Arts – 8 seats available
Business – 9 seats available
Engineering – 6 seats available
Science – 5 seats available
EXECUTIVE OF COUNCIL – One position available per faculty.
This is the tentative schedule of events and deadlines for the 2018 URSU General Elections. Please note:
- The Election Info Session is for those interested in being a candidate.
- The All Candidates’ URSU Q&A and the All Candidates’ Meeting are for those who are nominated and become candidates.
- The All Candidates’ Forum is for all candidates and for any student who wishes to ask a candidate a question or hear a candidate’s platform.
|Nomination Period||Monday, February 12th at 8:30 a.m.||Wednesday, February 28th at 4 p.m.|
|All Candidates’ URSU Q&A in URSU Boardroom (RC221)||Thursday, March 1st at 12 p.m.||Thursday, March 1st at 4 p.m.|
|All Candidates’ Meeting in URSU Boardroom (RC221)||Friday, March 2nd at 5 p.m.||Friday, March 2nd at 7 p.m.|
|Campaign Period||Monday, March 5th at 12 a.m.||Sunday, March 18th at 11:59 p.m.|
|Candidate Profile Deadline||Wednesday, February 28th at 4 p.m.|
|All Candidates’ Forum in Multipurpose room (RC128)||Thursday, March 15th at 3 p.m.||Thursday, March 15th at 6 p.m.|
|Voting Period||Monday, March 19th at 12 a.m.||Tuesday, March 20th at 11:59 p.m.|
|Voting Results Announced||Wednesday, March 21st at 1:00 p.m.|
- Executive Committee
- Board of Directors
Students will only be able to vote for positions in the constituencies that apply to them. All students will still have the chance to vote for executive positions, and a few other general positions. For example:
- If you are a Fine Arts student, vote for the Fine Arts Director
- If you are a Campion student in the Faculty of Arts, vote for the Campion Director AND the Arts Director.
- If you are a Graduate student through Campion College in the Faculty of Arts, vote for the Grad Director, Campion Director, AND Faculty of Arts Director.
The questions on the ballot will say who is eligible to vote for the question. If you vote for a candidate in a constituency that you DO NOT belong to, your vote for this position will be removed from the final count. Only your votes for constituencies that you DO belong to will still remain valid.
Students vote through UR Self-Service.
- Login using your Student ID # and PIN.
- Under the Student Services headline, there will be a link to the ballot titled: “URSU Election Winter 2018”
- Fill in ALL the answers to the Ballot questions (that you are eligible for).
- Click “Survey Complete” to submit your ballot.